It is with great sadness I have to make this announcement but due to the current situation we feel this is in everyone’s best interest to cancel the Klondike Challenge that had been postponed to April 18-19, 2020. See you in 2021!! Sincerely, The Oscoda Klondike Challenge Committee
MCRA will waive late fees for 2020 membership due to the uncertainty of this season. However, if a racer did not pay their 2019 dues and wish to retain their MCRA registered canoe number, then the April 4, 2020 deadline will apply.
Since we won’t have a membership meeting at the Klondike this year we have moved the voting for approval of the 2020 MCRA Race Schedule online. Please take a minute to vote here: 2020 MCRA Race Schedule Approval Voting
MCRA Official Canoe Number Guidelines
Effective Beginning 2020 Race Season
- MCRA members must pay current dues by April 1 or by MCRA annual membership meeting (whichever is later) to retain their assigned number.
- MCRA Lifetime members keep their assigned number. If a Lifetime
- Member is inactive for 10 consecutive years it will result in their assigned number returned to the vacant number pool.
- If an MCRA member keeps their MCRA membership current they are allowed retain their assigned number.
- If a paid MCRA member chooses to change their assigned canoe number they may do so by contacting MCRA membership/ numbers coordinator to choose from a pool of available numbers.
- MCRA members will be limited to one two-digit number
- Any canoe entered in MCRA race must have official font (Arial Black) and color (white) MCRA number. AuSable Marathon numbers are acceptable ONLY if they are the same as the member’s assigned MCRA number. A canoe without a number will be DQ’ed.
- New MCRA members (or non-members) will be provided a temporary number for their first race .
- The MCRA will provide info to purchase MCRA numbers this season, and make the as available as possible for purchase at the races.
Thank you for your cooperation to assist our race directors in timing their events.
The MCRA March Newsletter is now available online
MCRA Board of Directors will be meeting December 8 (moved from 12/1 due to weather) to initiate 2020 racing plans and venues for Michigan. Highlighted in August 2020 will be the USCA National Championships in Newaygo. Make plans to join us for 3 days of competitive paddling.,
Please PM Lynne or email firstname.lastname@example.org with suggestions for the Board to review regarding our races and organization. It is our goal to continue to develop quality canoe races in Michigan. We want to develop our youth paddlers and respect and reward those who continue to share their wealth of experience and competitiveness in Michigan and other racing around North America.
Congratulations to our 2020 MCRA Board of Directors. Their Annual Board Meeting is scheduled for December 1st in the Grayling area. MCRA members are encouraged to send any suggestions to email@example.com
Voting for the election of the 2020 MCRA Board of Directors is now closed. Thank you for your participation.
Thanks for everyone who participated in voting and congratulations to everyone nominated. So many most improved and rookie paddlers are raising the competition level. Thanks to all who helped with organizing a race, please know you are appreciated. Thanks to our MCRA Board who volunteers their time to promote quality races and positive community of paddlers.
Thank you Bob Bradford for getting all the trophies engraved.
Thanks you Jason & Jessica Sharpe of Two Rare Designs for the quality and prompt service for our MCRA merchandise awards.
Thank you MCRA and Mike & Rebecca Davis for each donating a paddle to C-1 raffle.
Bow Award – Sean Brabant who promoting Tues. C-1 sprint races in AuSable area
Stern Award – Nick Walton / Matt Meersman who tipped multiple times in lake start at Muskegon Race
President’s Award – Rebecca Davis for always being available to assist and gathering publishing newsletter info
Bank Runner Award – Jan Treston
Harry Curley Race Award – Muskegon River Throw Down- working ahead promoting C- 1 Race and promoting greater awareness to canoe racing
Rookie Paddler – Jessica Pieri and Jason Sharpe
Adams Most Improved – Nicki Owens
Point Race Champions
Expert1 C-2 – Mike Davis
Expert2 C-2 – Robby & Micky Kimsel
C-1 Men – Mike Davis
C-1 Women – Rebecca Davis
C-1 Junior – Natalie Kellogg