Welcome to the Michigan Canoe Racing Association web site. Promoting Marathon Canoe Racing in Michigan and beyond.
- March 27, 2020
It is with great sadness I have to make this announcement but due to the current situation we feel this is in everyone’s best interest to cancel the Klondike Challenge that had been postponed to April 18-19, 2020. See you in 2021!! Sincerely, The Oscoda Klondike Challenge Committee
- March 27, 2020
MCRA will waive late fees for 2020 membership due to the uncertainty of this season. However, if a racer did not pay their 2019 dues and wish to retain their MCRA registered canoe number, then the April 4, 2020 deadline will apply.
- March 17, 2020
Since we won’t have a membership meeting at the Klondike this year we have moved the voting for approval of the 2020 MCRA Race Schedule online. Please take a minute to vote here: 2020 MCRA Race Schedule Approval Voting
- March 14, 2020Due to the state’s recommendation regarding public events of more than 100 people, we are concerned holding the Klondike canoe and 5k events on April 4 & 5, 2020. The state suggests all events be cancelled or postponed until after April 5, 2020. We are hoping to move the date of the Klondike to April 18 & 19, 2020. As the organizing body of this event we feel that postponing the event is in the best interest of the participants and our community. We will continue to monitor current public health concerns and keep everyone updated if things change.Sincerely, The Oscoda Klondike Challenge Committee
- March 9, 2020
MCRA Official Canoe Number Guidelines
Effective Beginning 2020 Race Season
- MCRA members must pay current dues by April 1 or by MCRA annual membership meeting (whichever is later) to retain their assigned number.
- MCRA Lifetime members keep their assigned number. If a Lifetime
- Member is inactive for 10 consecutive years it will result in their assigned number returned to the vacant number pool.
- If an MCRA member keeps their MCRA membership current they are allowed retain their assigned number.
- If a paid MCRA member chooses to change their assigned canoe number they may do so by contacting MCRA membership/ numbers coordinator to choose from a pool of available numbers.
- MCRA members will be limited to one two-digit number
- Any canoe entered in MCRA race must have official font (Arial Black) and color (white) MCRA number. AuSable Marathon numbers are acceptable ONLY if they are the same as the member’s assigned MCRA number. A canoe without a number will be DQ’ed.
- New MCRA members (or non-members) will be provided a temporary number for their first race .
- The MCRA will provide info to purchase MCRA numbers this season, and make the as available as possible for purchase at the races.
Thank you for your cooperation to assist our race directors in timing their events.