Paddle Hard Chase Race
July 6 - July 7
Paddle Hard Chase Race
July 6 and 7, 2019
Schedule of Events
Saturday: July 6th race will start at McIntyre’s Landing (the first beach access before the campsites on your left). M-72 & McIntyre’s Landing Road 6.3 miles West of Grayling.
Both Expert-1 and Expert-2 will start together at 11am
- This portion of the race will take approximately 1.5-2 hours with a gunshot start. Paddlers will race out to an identified buoy. This parade lap will start with everyone facing straight out into the middle of the lake heading towards the point. When you get to the point you will then round an orange buoy on the right and head towards the channel again round an orange buoy on the right. You will proceed counter clockwise around the entire parameter of the lake you will pass right by the start of the race site. You MUST round EVERY buoy on the right side or be disqualified.
- Bring boat cover in case of waves
- Campsites will be available for rent
- Spectators will have easily accessible watching points.
Sunday: July 7th race will begin at 10am at Shel-Haven Canoe Livery, 11852 West M-72 HWY Grayling.
- Racers will start in a chase race format with combined Expert-1 and Expert
- Racers will be directed into the water in the order of the previous day finishing times.
- Race will be approximately 2-2.5 hours, and will end downstream at CCC Bridge (landing will be marked with a finish line sign).
- The Manistee River is filled with obstacle that will challenge all racers. With that being said, all racers should be cautious while racing.
- Maps will also be provided for spots for spectators to watch along the course and so racers can be aware of the course layout.
BONUSES: -$50 to the first team to complete parade lap on day 1
- $50 to the biggest comeback
- $50 to the youngest team paddling both days
- There will be a monitor race following the end of the first day (weather permitting) with first place prize for both child and adult.
Paddle Hard: Two free drink tokens will be given to all races 21 years of age and older to be used at paddle hard either Saturday after race or Sunday at awards (at Paddle Hard’s new location).
Cost of Race:
Expert 1: $40 pre-entry fee, $50 day of race entry fee**Early registration will end on June 28th**
Paddle Hard Chase_Entry_Form_2019 (PDF Document)
Paddle_Hard_Race_Waiver (PDF Document)
Early registrations can be sent to
900 Richardson Rd
Grayling MI 49738
Expert 2: $10 per person
*Paddlers are welcome to do one day if they cannot attend both but the cost will be the same as if they were racing both days. If a team chooses to race only the Manistee River portion they will need to start at the end of the pack.