Harry Curley Memorial
In place of the Curley Race, the MCRA will be holding a Virtual Event.
Virtual “Curley” July 8-14, 2020
Second Virtual Event of 2020!
Adult Course: (Age 16 and up) Paddle 20 miles in one day. The course can be any combination of river and lake paddling.
Youth Course: (Age 15 and under) Paddle a 5 mile course of your choice.
Prizes: Value of approximately $500- will be drawn from the list of participants, and change for each virtual race. Final Prizes will be posted prior to the event starting
– Custom Canoe Cover by Jeremy Vore at Red Leaf Designs (over $200 value!)
– Cash Prizes by the MCRA
– Paddle Bags
– Sponsor Prize Packages
There will be additional gift cards or cash prizes- 10+ winners will be drawn for this event!
1. Anyone is welcome to participate, but you must be an MCRA member to qualify for prizes.
2. Events can take place anywhere, as long as they meet the course requirements for completion. You can do this alone, with someone in your household, or in any socially distanced manner you prefer.
3. Submit your results with either a screenshot from Strava, Garmin Connect, or similar on the event page- it must have the date, a distance/time measurement, and a “course map.” If you do not use Strava or Garmin Connect, please send a message to the Michigan Canoe Racing Association and we will do our best to figure it out. This being said, using one of the tracking apps will make for the smoothest processing. If you don’t use Facebook, contact Rebecca, or Austin directly from the contact list on the MCRA website, and we will process your submission.
4. All submissions must be received by 7/14/2020 at 11:59 PM. Winners will be announced the following week.
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/277026353738806/
Official letter from Curley Race
We truly had a hard time making this decision, but after much discussion the Curley Committee has decided to cancel the 2020 race. We are hoping to be able to provide some activities in town that weekend, but due to restrictions on Consumers property and other factors out of our control we decided the best option was to cancel the race. Stay tuned we will be updating you as soon as we have more information.
The Curley Committee.
Visit the following website for detailed information:
C-2 Expert 1, Expert 2 (Sat.)
Oscoda, MI 48750